For several years, Seven Hills School has hosted a sold-out Parent Lecture Series which is held on weeknight evenings, 3-4 times during the year. Our school mission, "to develop the intellect, engage the spirit, and foster respect for and responsibility to our world," inspires us to present the series, not just to our Seven Hills parents but, to the broader community of the East Bay.
- Ron Claasen, Center for Peacemaking and Conflict Studies: "Conflict Resolution and Restorative Justice in Schools"
- Laura Gauld, author, Hyde Schools: "The Biggest Job We'll Ever Have"
- Richard Carlson, author: "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"
- Susan Isaacs Kohl, author: "The Best Things Parents Do"
- Dr. Barbara Staggers, MD; Abby Holland, PhD; Debra Waterhouse, MPH, RD: "Mind, Body, Nutrition - Healthy Body Image in Kids"
- Seven Hills Teachers Panel: "Healthy Expectations: How to Support Your Child's Successful Journey through Seven Hills School"
- Michael Thompson, PhD: "The Pressured Child: Helping Your Child Find Success in School and Life"
- Sheri Glucoft Wong: "Raising Kids with Character: The Changing Role of Parents as Kids Grow:"
- Roy and Susie Smart: "Parenting with Love"
- Seven Hills Teachers Panel: "Developing a Healthy Attitude Toward Learning in a Pressured Culture: How Parents and Teachers can Work Together"
- Walter Mayes, aka Walter the Giant Storyteller: "The Importance of Reading to Your Kids"
- Rachel Simmons, author: "Odd Girl Out"
- Linda Turnbull and Dr. Rick Weisser: "Teens and Teen Sexuality"
- Robert Evans, EdD.D: "Raising Healthy Children in Challenging Times"
- Deya Brashear: "Early Child Brain Development"
- Madeline Levine, Ph.D: "The Price of Privilege"
- Dr. Pat Wolfe: "Brain Development"
- Seven Hills Teachers Panel: "It's Not Just 'Mean Girls' - Understanding Relational Aggression, A Tool Kit for Parents"
- Dr. Michael Riera: "Raising Children with Character"
- Dr. William Pollack: "Understanding and Interacting with Boys of all Ages"
- Po Bronson, author: "The New Science of Prosocial Behavior"
- Dr. Richard Freed: "Don't Lose Your Child to Video Games, the Internet, and Texting"
- Annie Fox: "Helping Kids Develop and Keep Good Friendships and Relationships"
- Michael Clark: "Youth Sports and Fitness - What's Enough, What's Too Much?"
- Wendy Mogel, author: "How to Be an Effective Parent in a Culture that Breeds Anxiety in Older Children and Teens"
- Carol Dweck, author: "Why Students Success and How To Foster Their Success"
- Christine Carter "Raising Happiness: 10 Simple Steps for More Joyful Kids and Happier Parents"
- Denise Pope "How We Are Creating a Generation of Stressed Out, Materialistic, and Miseducated Students"
- Cynthia Kapphahn - "Eating Disorders and Teens: What Every Parent Should Know"
Please join us - we're all parenting in an increasingly complex world and thrive on the wit and wisdom of our speakers.
|Sign-up to receive Parent Lecture Series information
Thank you for joining our email list. We look forward to keeping you informed about upcoming lecture series. If you are already receiving information from The Seven Hills School such as the Monday Memo you will be prompted to update your account to include information the Parent Lecture Series.